Sinister: Potato head + Ultrasound

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 14 13:38:51 GMT 1998

>Dear "nicely jumpered skinny students",
>
>I just laughed my surrogate tits off.  Doesn't he know everyone needs
>a bosom for a pillow?

I've never been able to figure exactly why Steven Wells has a job at a music
paper, and not at the likes of Living Marxism, I'd personally get
embarrassed at trying to tie in his own brand of "politics" (i.e. opposing
absolutely anything anyone in a position of power does) into pieces of music
that's got nothing to do with party politics. He makes a point occassionally
that all music is political which in a sense may well be true, but it
certainly isn't party political, a topical example being Ian Brown's new
single which appears to be about the conquest of space being used for
military purposes - would swells therefore point out that Brown is a
communist perhaps? (Unlikely - cause he's the only one with the moral
highground). Oh and remember kids... vote for Scargill [crap attempt at
irony - remember, my degree's in computer science]
    Oh dear, I'm ranting again... right two more things.

1. It appears that Ciara McLaverty is in fact the cover star on Tigermilk
and Dog on Wheels. Well that about clears that one up.

2. There was a tape on the NME a month ago or so which I immediately threw
in the bin without listening to as they're normally shite, however my mate
Kev last night played me a track off it by Ultrasound which was fucking
brilliant. If anyone's got the tape out there, go and have a listen if you
haven't done already cause it's great!

Cheers,
    Keith.