Sinister: Northy wrote :

Adrian Evans aevans at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 14 13:32:54 GMT 1998

>2.  Bought Joy Division album after hearing great things about them.
>It was shit.  Took it back to HMV and said it was the wrong album.
>Got HMV tokens to the full price of album.  These helpfully
>contributed to the purchase of my brother in laws christmas present

You what ?

How can you rant and rant and rant on and on and on about Radiohead ( on the Bellend Sebastian list, one might point out) and have a poke at Joy Division is beyond me.
In comparison, listning to Joy Division makes me positively HAPPY !

This is going to upset a fair few people, but the way I see it is, the chorus of every Radiohead song might just as well read :

"Oh God ! I'm so hard done by.
I use to be a student you know.
I used to study art by paedophiles...at Exeter University,
and take lots and lots of bad drugs,
and now I look like one...
Oh God ! I'm so hard done by....
Waaaaaiiiiiillllllll....Waaaiiiillllll."

Starts some horrendous guitar solo, with at least half a dozen wrong notes by some geezer with a rank haircut

I realise this is bordering on libelous and of course wouldn't really say things about Thom Yorke that I couldn't substantiate.

How they can ever be compared to Pink Floyd though ??? Well it's a crime.

I'm obviously getting just a tadge too old !
--
Adrian.