Sinister: i dunno, couldn't think of one

Rod Begbie rod at xxx.net
Wed Jan 14 17:03:21 GMT 1998

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Richard Banner wrote:

> Oh and on that NME review of the gigs its really not worth worrying
> about.  For a long time i've done nothing but slag off the likes of NME
> and Melody Maker(thought i'd put them in as well)and i will continue to
> do so.  How the hell these papers sell is beyond me.  Pure pants

Come on now, it was a fair review.  Swells's opinions may differ from
everyone else on Planet Pop, but he managed to stereotype the average B&S
fan (as seen here on this list) perfectly.  By which I mean that I
half-recognized myself in his description.

I enjoy debate.  I like reading opinions that differ from my own.  But
rather than get into some slanging match about politics, I narrow my focus
to the stuff that really interests me (music, TV, comedy) so that at least
the debate has some form of passion behind it.  That's why I read this
list.  That's why I buy NME.

(oh, and I'm also a shallow sheep who likes being told what to think.
SHIT! whaddagiveaway!)

Rod.
(stopping before he gets TOO intensely intense)

               Rod Begbie @ http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/~ceerab/index.html |