Sinister: influences and a request for some taping

Katrina at xxx.net> Katrina at xxx.net>
Wed Jan 14 12:39:00 GMT 1998

Northy wrote:

> To all at Jeepster who think this is immoral (If you do - I dunno?)

I'm sorry to pick on Northy, but I think this has to be said ...

When David is talking about bootlegging etc., that is him speaking, and
as he keeps on saying, does NOT necessarily represent what Jeepster
think.  It is his own personal opinion, and whether I agree with him or
not (I refuse to say anything for fear of being incriminated against!)
has nothing to do with Jeepster.

David and I were both fans before he started the fanclub, and that was
running a full six months before I started work at Jeepster.  My friends
back home will tell you I never believed in home taping when I was at
school, as i didn't want the artists to lose ... they in turn managed to
convince me that they weren't going to find out about these new bands i
was going bonkers over (names withheld to protect my previous musical
taste), without me letting them listen, and then for them to go out and
purchase the albums themselves.  Which is what i think David wants to do

(sorry to Paul and everyone else if you're getting fed up with this
thread)

cheers,
Katrina.