Sinister: I saw 'em first!

Johnston, John CT John.Johnston at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 14 10:03:18 GMT 1998

Chris wrote
>>Then I saw them again supporting the frank and walters.    I was very
>young you realise.  There were more people there for some reason.

Was that at the Venue, coz I would have been there among the more
people?? I remember Thom going around handing out stickers (yay!!! -
Belle and Sebastian stickers please!!) before the F&W came on. He
recognised my mate as we were in the year below them at school (have I
mentioned this before...) and said hello. He was a very polite young man
and we wished him well. Had I known he was rebuffing the artistic
efforts of his fans I'd have given "what for".

B&S link....
The Frank and Walters came on (in orange dungarees for that demented
play-group leader chic), picked up their instruments, bashed away at
them for a while before stopping and exchanging instruments, get this -
they were playing the wrong ones! I thought "this will never catch
on"...

Further B&S content...
Just received an email from an old friend in Canada who I haven't seen
for ages. Having found out from my homepage that I was into B&S he
mentioned that they didn't do much for him but he had called his two new
china fishes Belle and Sebastian. Then in what the British tabloids
would doubtless dub a "shocking outburst" he went on to say

 "but I do *appreciate* having someone like Stuart around, if only to
counteract the effect of
bombastic morons like, say, Richard Ashcroft. "

Truth will out!

hot love
Sebastian Johnston