Sinister: Chadders

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 15 12:11:45 GMT 1998

***Actually I think that both the B-Sides album and the Second Album are
both brilliant, there's some great songs on both, and the B side album
contains many songs that were intended for the second album anyway, also
songs they did on their Peel Sessions (that Don't turn blue one).
    That "Came a cropper" one is "The Hedonist" which is actually a dead
early song dating to the first release of  "Shine on", there's also a
cracking load of songs, Plastic; Flow; Welt; Nothing to me which are
completely Ace too. Personally I'd say the House of Love only became shite
at the time of the fourth LP which I remember came out the same time as the
first Verve LP. I bought them both and was heartily disappointed by both of
them.
    Another little gem which is worth paying a quid for the in the bargain
bins is the 12" of "The Girl with the Lonliest Eyes" which has two amazing
Chadwick original B sides on it as well as a brilliant cover of the Chills'
Pink Frost.
    The B-Sides LP also contains a cracking picture of Chadwick on the inner
sleeve in an amazing "vertical arms" pose. And the cover is a picture of his
dog, "Sly Chadwick". Haha.***

Sorry, no hamster content.

Cheers,
    Keith.