Sinister: Do I really have this much time on my hands???

Matthew A. Neimark mattn at xxx.com
Thu Jan 15 21:32:32 GMT 1998

OK, this is the letter I'm sending to Jeb Brien, producer of Sessions at W. 54.
I just have his fax number, so I can't really send a formal posted letter.

January 15, 1998

Jeb Brien
Producer, Sessions at W. 54

Dear Mr. Brien,

First of all the existence of Sessions at West 54th is in my opinion an excellent and unique program which gives the national community the ability to appreciate lesser known musical acts.

However, I would like to express my dissapointment as to the cancellation of the Belle and Sebastian sessions.  They are an excellent popular music band who, in my opinion, are unique even for Sessions at W. 54 since they are very new and might appeal to a slightly younger audience (the comparable band in my mind that you did air was the Tindersticks).  I had been extraordinarily excited about the prospects of seeing them on television since they are from Scotland, and have only played in the US on one occasion (which was when their session was recorded).

I do hope that others like myself will send you letters in support of Belle and Sebastian, and that you will eventually reconsider airing the program.

Sincerely,

Matthew A. Neimark