Sinister: MTV and a resemblance. . .

plaird plaird at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 16 00:14:28 GMT 1998

>I saw the video for 'Century of Fakers' last night on MTV's Alternative
>Nation, it was pretty mad...what i want to know is...

Then Northy said,
>ALL I CAN SAY IS - IF YOU WANNA SEE A B&S VIDEO THEN WATCH MTV
>ALTERNATIVE NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Once again - whilst writing my emails I heard the opening tones of
>Century of Fakers.  Not thinking much of this as it is lodged
>permanently in my CD player, I realised I was listening to MTV.

Funny that, but nearly every time I watch MTV there's usually just a pile
of shit on (either that or 'Lucky Man' by The Verve). I've been praying
I'll tune in on one of these occasional B&S vids, but as yet nae luck.

>  If one must decide which cartoon characters the members of Belle and
>Sebastian have a resemblance to, then it recently occurred to me how much
>Stuart M. reminds me of Tintin, the reporter.  Yes, and the Dog On Wheels is
>Snowy, but I can not think who would be Captain Haddock. . . suggestions?
>>From what I hear of Chris Geddes and his bucket, he might be suitable.

Chris Geddes could be Oor Wullie from the Sunday Post (as Scottish as
Barrs Irn Bru). He counts a bucket as one of his mates.

Made from Girders,

The Laird of East Fountainbridge.