Sinister: Pat Sharpe

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 16 11:21:11 GMT 1998

>Mmm...... I always thought a mullet was just the opposite - long at the
front
>and on top, but short at the back - the kind of thing that was popular with
the
>new romantics.  There was a lot of talk of mullets in the music press a
year
>or two back, when that awful band Tiger were getting press, as apparently
>they sported mullets.  They certainly didn't have the Michael Bolton look.
>
>I'm confused

Nah, a mullet's definitely the long at back short at sides and on top look
sported by cheesy 80's people (was going to say scousers, but removed for
fear of offence). As sported by such luminaries as Limahl (an anagram of
"Hamill", which is his surname Look In fans) and Paul McCartney, even now!
It's officially the worst haircut in the history of hairdressing.
    I had this horrible thought there imagining David "The Dame", "The Thin
White Duke" Bowie sporting one just after his taste glands got removed in
1983, but luckily, he didn't - I imagine that was more of a fluke than by
design.

Keith.