Sinister: Pastels in Leeds... were you there?

Cairns ics6jdc at xxx.UK
Fri Jan 16 12:32:55 GMT 1998

Mark wrote

> Hey, I was there last night. You weren't the one wearing
the Belle and
> Sebastian T-shirt and a big coat that looked like it was made of dalmations
> were you? Or could it be someone else on the list...

Hell, no, that wisnae me, but that coat was something else, no? He
must have been about forty, and all his eyeshadow was running. I was
the little guy sat on the steps with the pullover and Nike runners,
taking pictures at the end.

They were fantastic, weren't they? Can't believe they played 'Truck
Train Tractor'. I almost cried when they covered 'Starry Eyed'. Not
that anyone's interested, but Steven (sic) was v. amiable,
enthused about B&S like every other hipster I ever meet, and
discussed the relative merits of, and similarities between, our
beloved Stuart M, and Calvin from Dub Narcotic. Sounds scintillating,
eh?

Anyway, West Yorks. listees, where do you all drink? We haunt the
Hyde Park Social, and Joseph's Well. Any ideas for pop-quiz-style
outings or evening sojourns for us stuck up here, hundred's of miles
from the Good Mixer?

Later,
Diamond Joe Quinby