Sinister: Pastels in Leeds... were you there?

Mark Iles iles at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 16 12:45:24 GMT 1998

>Mark wrote
>
>> Hey, I was there last night. You weren't the one wearing
>the Belle and
>> Sebastian T-shirt and a big coat that looked like it was made of dalmations
>> were you? Or could it be someone else on the list...
>
>Hell, no, that wisnae me, but that coat was something else, no? He
>must have been about forty, and all his eyeshadow was running. I was
>the little guy sat on the steps with the pullover and Nike runners,
>taking pictures at the end.

I'm afraid I didn't see you, then. He didn't look all that old to me in the
dim light in the place, but I noticed he was carrying a tiny rucksack over
his arm like a handbag and danced like a maniac to Formula One. Anyone want
to own up...

>They were fantastic, weren't they? Can't believe they played 'Truck
>Train Tractor'. I almost cried when they covered 'Starry Eyed'.

They _were_ top. I'd never heard Truck Train Tractor before, but thought it
was great. Why did so many people leave after the support bands, though...
had they dragged all their mates along or something?

>Anyway, West Yorks. listees, where do you all drink? We haunt the
>Hyde Park Social, and Joseph's Well. Any ideas for pop-quiz-style
>outings or evening sojourns for us stuck up here, hundred's of miles
>from the Good Mixer?

I don't know of anywhere round here that organises a pop quiz. Shame... I'd
be up for it. What happened to the NME pop quiz that travelled round the
universities a couple of years ago - did they not bother again? I mainly
drink near where I live - The Fenton - also now and again The Dry Dock, the
Old Bar (in the union) and the Firkin (because it's better than the Old
Bar).

                                Mark

Mark Iles,                              Tel: +44 (0113) 2065042
Imperial Cancer Research Fund,          Fax: +44 (0113) 2340183
Genetic Epidemiology Laboratory,
Ashley Wing,                            Email: iles at boreas.leeds.icnet.uk
St James's University Hospital,
Beckett Street,