Sinister: re: Pastels this sat...

Andrew.Dean at xxx.NET Andrew.Dean at xxx.NET
Fri Jan 16 13:24:45 GMT 1998

Sinister: Pastels this sat...

Seymour Stein (pym0491b at westminster.org.uk)
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 12:25:55 +0000

>Considering how many pastels fans there are her...probably
>loads, are any listees planning to go to the Garage this
>Saturday?

>xx will

as it happens, will (and anyone else who's popping along),
i've made plans to meet up with friends at the wig and
something just up the road from the garage (other side of
the street, further away from the tube station) before the
gig so if you're in there from about 7 onwards i'll be the
one looking like this:
http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/people/koogy.gif
(i'm the one on the right!). so say hello and i'll probably
mumble something in return... um, just trying to think what
to wear so you'll recognise me... nope, no idea, sorry.

um, my friends are going to go to the gig upstairs and i was
thinking of going to the pastels but leaving before they
played (sacrilege, i know, but they were kinda bad in new
york last time, victims of the p.a. i think, and i live way
out of london so...) but this doesn't matter...

hey hey, someone bought up the kitchen the other day, i've
been meaning to ask anybody if they'd seen it - just read
the book over summer and was kinda struck by it all. all
kinda alien to me being not japanese and not female and all
but, well, just plain nice.

and the comemrcial as well, someone mentioned, the levis
white tab jeans commercial with the herse. cool. so cool
that i went and tried a pair on (trousers were so much
better in the 60s, i see cliff richards on that bus and...).
button fly though. 8( oh, and they mentioned it was the
lilys providing the music. well, my american, er, friend
who's good at these things told me she thought it was the
apples in stereo so...

today's guardian article is well informed and reads well.
thanks for posting that noname at noemail (nick!), saved me
doing it. 8)

andy

ok, time to come clean, the picture is about 7 years old
now...