Sinister: Them Featuring Stuart Murdoch

Jarrett Frankel jfrankel at xxx.net
Fri Jan 16 18:24:08 GMT 1998

I didn't really mean for my first post to the list to be quite so strange,
but I thought I'd share.

Yesterday I picked up the just issued Them compilation, "The Story of Them
Featuring Van Morrison." Quite a two disc set, highly recommended! Anyway,
the reason I mention it is because, while looking at the liner notes and
their accompanying photos, I couldn't help but notice the uncanny
resemblance(in my mind at least) between a *young* Van Morrison and Stuart
Murdoch. PErhaps I'm WAAAAY of here, as I've only ever seen Stuart M in
person once(at the Sessions taping in NYC), but take a little of Van's
pudge away and I think you have a pretty decent match!

Hmm, yes, way off, I know.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to state that "Pocketbook Angel"(or
whatever it is really called, it's untitled on my cassette) is a thoroughly
perfect pop song and should be on the new album and also be it's first
single. "I seen her write it all down...."

One last thing(and forgive me if it's been covered here ad nauseam): In "I
Don't Love Anyone", what is the lyirc that begins, "If there's one thing
that I learned when I was still a child it's to ________."?? And it's not
the part that finishes with "be alone." Normally lyrical mysteries don't
irk me so much, but I simply love this song too much not to know exactly
what is being said. Any ideas are much appreciated!

Nice meeting you all!

rendered, rainforested & rolexed:
jarrett frankel
jfrankel at intr.net