Sinister: matador deal / shameless begging

Nicole Elger nicolina at xxx.com
Fri Jan 16 19:03:26 GMT 1998

My first response to the recently announced Matador deal was to join
Amanda B. in her "not-so-understated dance of joy" (hmm, reminds me of
the Snoopy dance, yet another Peanuts reference for you!)

But then I read an article from http://www.allstarmag.com and got a bit
panicky when I came to the part that said "On the touring front, it's hard
to make a full swing around the States with cellos, harps, and a string
section in tow, but the band does plan to play approximately eight to 10
dates in major markets closer to the release of their spring album."

Hmm, what exactly are the major markets in the US and is Seattle one of
these even though it's a bit out of the way?  Ok, if the band is indeed
reading this list from their office, I'll ditch the pride right here and
resort to begging and other sad tactics.

ATTN STUART MURDOCH:

After the NYC shows you mentioned how great it was to see your friend
Steve who lives in Seattle. Well, local rumors have it that Steve is
missing you terribly and would give up his cherished umbrella and single
tall lattes if only you'd visit. You see, he still doesn't have a proper
boyfriend and needs a second opinion on the scores of potential improper
boyfriends that are milling about Capitol Hill.

Keep in mind, Seattle is as lovely as a song in the Spring and worth the
long journey across those fat square western states like North Dakota and
Montana. Oh, and we've got poetry on our buses here. Just say the word and
I'll start scoping out all the holy places in town and sending you ink
polaroids so you can choose your favorite.

- Nicole, still dreaming