Sinister: Hamsters and Stuart Murdoch

susannah susannah at xxx.net
Fri Jan 16 19:09:45 GMT 1998

on 15 Jan 98, Honey wrote...

>If you're going to post, please:

  Tag, Susannah, Keith, Peter Miller and Chris Leonard have
>carte-blanche to post stuff about their hamsters because they make me
>giggle.  They have earned their spurs.

Hamsters? I can do hamsters.
Some years back we (bunch of indie schmindie students) had a golden hamster by
the name of Howard.
Unlike most hamsters, the little thing hardly ever moved, and because of this
non-escapist attitude we used to take him down the pub, just for a treat like,
and sit him next to the beers, where he would stay contentedly all night long,
washing himself and occasionally licking the table.
Now there was a regular there, a thin boy with a pretty face who used to come
and stroke him, and whisper sweet nothings. Very jealous I was of Howard, but a
regular pub-goer he became in the hope that pretty boy would pet me, not my
hamster. Twas not to be though, as Howard eventually went to the great exercise
wheel in the sky, and the pretty boy? he is now to be found, still nurturing his
rodent fetish, on cum.com.

Hamster no. 2 chose to have babies not long after her purchase, but they
mysteriously disappeared shortly after their birth. However, on closer
inspection, we spotted amongst the peanuts a little baby hamster head, the exact
shape and colour of a little round nut.

Hamster no.3 was the Houdini of the rodent world and despite the latest that
hamster technology had to offer, no cage could hold him and he escaped, never to
be seen again, but probably went on to live a long healthy life surviving on
student detritus; baked beans down the back of the sofa, that sort of thing.

So there we are. Can't bring myself to possess any more hamsters as I never
could get over that eye-popping out business that occurs when you hold them too
tightly and they try to run away, but somehow I keep getting this vision of the
same happening to Stuart Murdoch if you had anything even near approaching a
firm grip.

susannah.