Sinister: Chadders

A.M. Horne amh20 at xxx.uk
Sat Jan 17 08:39:13 GMT 1998

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Keith Watson wrote:

> ***Actually I think that both the B-Sides album and the Second Album are
> both brilliant, there's some great songs on both, and the B side album
> contains many songs that were intended for the second album anyway, also
> songs they did on their Peel Sessions (that Don't turn blue one).
>     That "Came a cropper" one is "The Hedonist" which is actually a dead
> early song dating to the first release of  "Shine on"

***yes, i know: my point was that it was dreadful on there as well, and i
wondered why on earth they'd chosen to rerecord that when there were so
many better songs from around then: also, the original version of shine on
is better than the4 one on butterfly***

, there's also a > cracking load of songs, Plastic; Flow; Welt; Nothing to
me which are > completely Ace too.

***hmmm. we'll have to agree to differ on this one***

Personally I'd say the House of Love
only became shite > at the time of the fourth LP which I remember came out
the same time as the > first Verve LP. I bought them both and was heartily
disappointed by both of > them.  > Another little gem which is worth
paying a quid for the in the bargain > bins is the 12" of "The Girl with
the Lonliest Eyes" which has two amazing > Chadwick original B sides on it
as well as a brilliant cover of the Chills' > Pink Frost.

***true. ***

> The B-Sides
LP also contains a cracking picture of Chadwick on the inner > sleeve in
an amazing "vertical arms" pose. And the cover is a picture of his > dog,
"Sly Chadwick". Haha.*** > > Sorry, no hamster content.  > > Cheers, >
Keith.  > >

***and ditto, alastair...***

(sorry to all those looking for b&s content.....
 but the house of love should have been a great band)>
humming happy bunny tunes.  Aren't we?  >