Sinister: The funniest thing I've ever heard

Tag mctag at xxx.com
Sat Jan 17 11:01:32 GMT 1998

Dear all,

Just got back from London, listening to the wonderful Air single, and
find this:

>Tag. Essex, ex - punk. Lots of books on shelves made of wood and bricks.

I simply cannot tell you how funny this is.  Simon, you're a fucking
star.  The reality is: Born of Scottish/Potteries stock, in Sutton
Coldfield, lived near Swindon, and resident of Manchester for 12 1/2
years.  The result is an untracable accent, making me equally
unacceptabe to Cockneys and Northerners alike.  Ex-cutie.  Lots of
records, videos and pictures of Francoise Hardy.

Elsewhere...

>which seems to be a weird insinuation of sensuality and food combined.which
>neatly lowers the conversation onto aphrodisiacs,

No insinuation at all - you should see what I can do with a Tunnock's
caramel bar.

>has anyone read any Isabelle Allende? as she's due to release a book about
>the indistinguishable line between the eroticism of good food and sexuality,
>and i'd quite like to know what her past books are like and am too lazy to
>read.

Can't help there.  But have you seen Tampopo?

>katrina's an antipodean in relation to my birth place, she hails from the
>most removed city in the world - Perth, western oz. but you'd never tell from
>her smooth london tainted accent.

She calls everyone 'cobber' and wears one of those hats with corks on
it.  And she can play 'Two little boys' on the stylophone.

>"Christine......still walking with me.......still talking with
>me....Christine, Christine" (Christine)

I was convinced it was 'Christine - still walking the dog'.  I
couldn't bear to listen to that having just been dumped by a girl of
that name.  Strangely enough, just after I graduated...

>The people who have the most sex are those who have some college education
>but are not college graduates, the survey found. People who have graduate
>degrees are the least likely of all to frequently have sex.

Doh!

>Jazz enthusiasts are 30 percent more sexually active than the average
>person, the survey found.

Grrreat

>sexual activity is also above average for "extreme conservatives."

Northy, get in there my son!

Love
Tag