Sinister: NB&S

PM - AU oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Sat Jan 17 19:44:06 GMT 1998

David & Katrina wrote:

> Tag wrote:
>
> > >On a different note - Guy Chadwick once sang "I don't
> know
> > >why I love you, your face is like a foreign food". It's
> crap
> > >and it doesn't even rhyme.
> >
> > Hey - I'd forgotten that one.  I must say if I ever ever
> met anyone
> > whose face (or any other body part) was tiramisu they
> could have my
> > hand in marriage.  Or my hand in anywhere for that
> matter.
>
> which seems to be a weird insinuation of sensuality and
> food combined.which
> neatly lowers the conversation onto aphrodisiacs,
> has anyone read any Isabelle Allende? as she's due to
> release a book about
> the indistinguishable line between the eroticism of good
> food and sexuality,
> and i'd quite like to know what her past books are like
> and am too lazy to
> read.

It's already out here mate. Yes, I realise this is of little
or no interest but it's not often I can gloat about
anything.
In the intersts of making myself mildly useful, I have just
asked my flatmates if they have got any Isabel Allende books
and they have, "Paula", so I asked what it was like.
Apaarently it's about her daughter going to a better place,
interwoven with the story of the military uprising in Chile.
Seeems that she is niece or something of Whatisname Allende,
who was president before Pinochet turned up and did whatever
he did. All of which is very topical because Pinochet is
back in action (don't ask me) and somebody has released a
tape of him threatening Allende. Or something like that. I'm
afraid I'm not very up on this business, much to my shame.

The shagging and cooking book "Afrodita" is selling very
well, I think. Sex, sex, sex...

Generalisimo Peter