Sinister: Promo 'IFYS' and Trembling Blue Stars

Sam Khater samiam2 at xxx.com
Sat Jan 17 20:04:15 GMT 1998

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but after a night of
somewhat inebriated frolic and fun, I stumbled into a record store that
opens late and heard B&S playing in the backgroud.  I realized that this
was not a song I had (I have all but Tigermilk), so I asked the clerk
what B&S song was playing and he replies 'Judy...'.  I listened more
intently and realised it was a fairly different version than the one on
the album.  I asked him to flip through the songs as I browsed their cd
collection.  After listening to snippets of most songs, it seemed like
half were somewhat different versions, either different recording or
mix...I couldn't tell.  Does anyone know about this?  The clerk did not
know that they were different versions and said he would call his friend
Pam Berry about it.  I responded in languishing slur...errr I know her,
she's on this list.

Also, I scored two cds I've been looking for.  The Chills best of and
Trembling Blue Stars 'Rainbow' cd single.  This is the first time I've
heard TBS.  Rainbow sounded like the Beloved in the Conscience era.  The
vocals sounded like Gillian Gilbert of the Other Two.  The b side
'Although I still' is a straight ahead acoustic affair.  The other
b-side is 'She's Always There' which sounded a lot like the Lilac Time
circa the late '80s.  So my question is which song best describes their
sound, or is it all three?

DC B&Sers - are we still getting together next week?  If so, I have an
idea for where to go later on that night.  Poole is playing at Velvet
Lounge (U Street Cardoza area, I think that's near 9:30 club), I keep
hearing a lot good stuff about them.  Let me know what you think.  Andy,
how was Luna?

Sam