Sinister: no b&s-- go betweens

Keep Your Mind Open Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Sat Jan 17 22:09:42 GMT 1998

Jennifer wrote ...

> hello all you beautiful people! <

You were obviously expecting my answer. §;^D

> my question is this- if i were to buy a go betweens album (which i hear is
a good idea), which one would you all suggest? i can't seem to find a
greatest hits or anything like that, so i'm at a loss. <

Actually there is a fine collection of highlights available on the _1978-90_
DLP/CD. Unfortunately both may be out of print, but I'm stumbling across
copies in second hand shops regularly. Anyway, please note that the vinyl
offers some additional tracks including their masterpiece "Karen".
Furthermore, you may be very lucky in finding any of the following at
reasonable prices ... "Lee Remick" 7", "People say" 7", "I need two heads"
7", "The Able Label Singles" 12" (compiling the "Lee Remick" and "People
say" 7"'s). Although I'm not much of a Go-Betweens enthusiast, save those
early singles, I'm aware of their output and the compilation mentioned above
is a good starting point including some of the early stuff which has been
highly sought after ever since ...

B&S content ? Fellow Sinister listee Tag is pursueing the Robert Forster
look ... at least that's what I've been told from reliable sources. §;^D

"Strangely beautiful"

Andreas

The rain it raineth on the just
And also on the unjust fella