Sinister: our man in york

Matt Locke matt at xxx.com
Mon Jan 19 12:55:34 GMT 1998

Northy wrote:

>York University?
>
>I am visiting soon to see if I like it better than Bangor (I doubt it)
>I am doing shitty A level mocks at the moment.
>
>BTW.  There is a huge B&S fan at York (might be you for all I know)
>who has a copy of Tigermilk and once turned down =A3150 for it!!
>
>At the moment I would be prepared to pay =A3200 and nothing more.

I fear I might be that fan in york (although I'd love to hear that there is someone else in York that owns a copy of tigermilk...)

Me & my Girlfriend have a vinyl copy each (I apologise for repeating this fact, as I know it can be a sore point being so smug...) and all the 12" and 7" since then, but no copies of any radio sessions. Anyone out there like to do a tape swap? (although I imagine everyone that copies radio programmes is enough of a fan to have a copy of tigermilk already...)

I know there are other B&S fans in York, but only 'cos I've seen their names on the list (I've only been in York a year, after living in glasgow and Brighton), but Northy, if you're in town, I work as Production Manager in a photography gallery called Impressions. It has an ace bookshop, cafe and internet bit, so pop in and ask for matt locke (I'm in all week, and very occassionally at weekends, although I try not to be...)

BTW, I've just got a new job, as Artistic Director of a new Digital Gallery and Production Facility opening in Huddersfield (i only heard on Saturday, so I'm preeetty stoked !) so I'll be moving, probably to leeds, in summer (and therefore to a new e-mail address). So if you're coming northy, make it soon!!!

"Yaz" wrote:

>WARNING: A badly dressed  irish male (otherwise known as Mr.
>Sean-I'm-piss'funny-really-Hughes) will be seen in the bar area tonight
>trying to look cool.  Also in the bar area tonight will be Lawrence, the
>head of Domino, who according to Mr. Hughes, can easily be spotted by the
>fact that he resembles "a staid Julian Clary".

By twin bruvver used to be in a band called 'crescent' who were signed