Sinister: spotting B&S

Simon Jackson MSRX5SJJ at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 19 18:32:41 GMT 1998

Aaaargh! Just got back after Xmas and recieved mucho abuse from
computer boffin-type-guy for filling up the server. 721 messages!
Everyone has been busy! Anyway must remember to unsubscribe next time
I went to the Sunday night concert, and as a result my devotion is
greater than ever. But that's not the real reason for my missive, oh
no......
At the risk of sounding like a celebrity whore I have a tale to tell.
Yes, after the concerday) me and my girlfriend were at a loss about
how to fill our time. For some reason we went to Blackpool, even
thougknew everything was shut. I had quite a good time walking on the
beach in case you were wondering, but that's not the point. No. On
the way back to the train station I spotted a group of people who I
thought looked familiar (you know what's coming don't ya'). Lo' and
behold it was B&S themselves.
This I found incredibly surreal. To be honest they didn't look to be
enjoying themselves in the tat capital of the North, but what do you
expect (Stevie looked particularly miserable under his umbrella). I
didn't approach them (as I'm what's know as a bit lily-livered when
it comes to things like people) but I somehow feel a little closer to
them in spirit, as I too shared that wet, grey day in Blackpool.
Really though it does seem a little strange that they chose to visit,
it's a very touristy thing to do. I hope they don't think that all of
Lancashire's like that. I'd hate to think that my native county will
forever be known in the minds of B&S as the land of grimy Manchester
where you get stuff nicked and Blackpool, which smells of old
grannies. Still what can you do eh?
Bye for now,
Simon J.

P.S. I shall not inflict my tails of spotting Ian Brown in Manchester
and running after him like a buffoon. I do have some dignity.