Sinister: RE: Beth Orton

Adrian Evans aevans at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 20 14:26:30 GMT 1998

SL Collins wrote:

> I saw The mighty Beth at T in the Park last summer. It was absolutely
> gorgeous :

Oh Lucky you !!!

> the other 30 000 were watching Paul Weller strut his rather
> lame stuff,

I would definitely have been torn between the two, but I'm sure I would ended up with you.

> while the divine miss orton took a polite little cough to
> clear her throat, and then burst into her quite beautiful singing voice.
> The tent had been full all day with dope smokers, so the atmosphere > > was pretty mellow. Miss Orton, her voice and 500 believers. oh.

I must stop feeling so old and get along to these things...trouble is, being in Devon and without transport you are somewhat cut off from the "real" world.

She has a truly wonderful voice.  When I bought the "Touch me with Your Love" cd and listened for the first time, I just couldn't believe the version of "Galaxy of Emptiness" was recorded live (until the crownd cheer at the end,obviously).

> lovely

Lovely Indeed.
 --
Adrian.