Sinister: Chat Room

PM - AU oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Tue Jan 20 19:16:31 GMT 1998

Keith Watson wrote:

>     Oh and I don't work for Virgin I'm afraid, I'm afraid
> I work at a
> completely non-balooning company in Edinburgh programming
> computers. But the
> Air record's still excellent, even if it does mean
> subsidising balooning
> events.

Am I correct in thinking that Virgin Records no longer
belongs to Mister Beardy Ballon features Branson? Or did I
make it up? Anyway, I would like to say that Air are a load
of shite, especially when compared to Air Supply, whose "I'm
all out of love, I'm so lost without you" is the best record
in the short but eventful history of Australia.

To be honest I haven't heard Air, but I like to put the
hedge amongst the pickles.

>     Caught a look at Paul's photos from the Manchester gig
> which is cool and
> brings back memories, and then makes me remember who
> certain people are and
> stuff (bit of a haze the Saturday was)

Yes, congratulations Mister Forsyth. It is a very
entertaining website, especially the listees bit. Keith is
undeniably gorgeous, and David Kitchen is loveliness itself.
The band members all seem to have changed a lot since
September. Either that or my memory's playing up again.
Chris's sidies weren't nearly as prominent, and Stevie
didn't look like Ian Dury.

Without wishing to bring up an old chestnut, I walked into
my local Boots style shop this afternoon to buy a sponge to
paint with and they were playing "The Drugs Don't Work" by
Sir Dickie Ashcroft and it sounded very good indeed. Lent
proceedings an air of epic grandeur that they don't usually
have.

Without wishing to bring up an old chestnut, I have just
become the proud owner of the Nick Drake biography. I
haven't read much yet, and what I have read is about the
Titanic, but I feel a bit like those kids who used to start
crying even before "E.T." had started. It's very sad before
the sad bit even gets under way.

Regards,

Peter