Sinister: Warning: No Air Content

Nick Dastoor/BSHO/GB Nick_Dastoor/BSHO/GB%BSHO at notesgw.compuserve.com
Wed Jan 21 11:31:14 GMT 1998

I'm developing a strange obsession for seeing how the chart on
http://www.totalweb.co.uk/bluesoda/cgi-bin/vote.cgi is developing. I think I'm
pining for the days when I used to sit next to the radio with my copy of the
previous week's Top 100 from Record Mirror and try to second guess what the
movers and shakers would be before Bruno Brookes announced them.  Anyway,
'String Bean Jean' seems to be racing up the rankings, and I'm pleased to see
that 'Belle And Sebastian' is gaining form.

But have you seen that we can now also vote for a selection of unreleased
tracks too.  But why the strange selection?  What's wrong with (deep breath):
Loneliness Of The Middle Distance Runner, Chick Factor, London Has Let Me Down
Again, Hurley's Having Dreams, A Summer Wasting, Tigermilk, Is It Wicked Not To
Care, Ease Your Feet In The Sea, Rhoda or Soft Touch.  What's that you say? No
ones even heard the last two? Pah - who cares. Cast your vote anyway.  Think of
it like a general election - you never know what horrors evil Tony and his
stooges are going to bring but you mark your X all the same.  Perhaps Soft
Touch will start mugging disabled single mothers within six months of being
released, but that's the gamble.  Anyway, you can always change your vote.

Nick