Sinister: Civic Duty

Johnston, John CT John.Johnston at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 21 13:33:09 GMT 1998

I have done my Civic Duty and voted on the Fanclub site. A marvellous
feeling of liberty there is too and I hope Nick enjoys my voting. He is
clearly the Peter Snow of the list and I look forward to some impressive
interpretation of the voting trends. In fact once in the booth I found I
was heavily influenced by a recent party poptastical broadcast and I
swung heavily in favour of "Century of Elvis" which I had been listening
to while doing my ironing last night. ***thinks...I have got to that
stage in my life where I hear a song and think "The words are alright;
but I couldn't really iron to it" (Am hoping new Air album will be tops
for domestic chores - whaddya say? - also am gutted that Peter managed
to fit in an Air Supply gag before I could think of one - kudos to you
PM) /end thinks****.

Anyhow as I skilfully wafted the iron over the crinkled mass of cotton
laid out before me I was listening to all the EPs but when C0fE (wow was
this a subliminal plot by the band to make us Anglicans...) came on I
put down my iron and my laundry and was comforted (as it says in the
Good Sleeve Note). Wonderful

xxx
john "packed with topic" johnston