Sinister: New club night in Edinburgh.

Billy Goatgruff rod at xxx.net
Wed Jan 21 15:23:53 GMT 1998

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Keith Watson wrote:

>Anybody on the list planing to go to the opening night of  'North' on
>Saturday?  It's at La Belle Angel in The Cowgate, Edinburgh.  Fiver to get
>in, and Whiteout are playing.  According to my girlfriend the flyer lists
>Belle & Sebastian as one of the bands they play.  Of course, she might just
>be saying that to get me to go.  Anyway,  I might see some of you there.

Doubt I'm going to be there this week, as I was never a fan of Whiteout
anyway, but I can at least confirm that B&S are on the flyer.  I'll
probably give it a try the week after, though, as there are no decent
indie clubs on in Embra on a Saturday[1]

However, I *WILL* be at LBA (hey - that's the same initials as Little Big
Adventure, Infocom fans) on Valentines Day, as Ultrasound[2] are
performing, with support from... DAWN OF THE REPLICANTS! (Yay!)

Oh, and theaudience are playing there a couple of weeks later (whose lead
singer is the daughter of Janet Ellis off of Blue Peter), whose single was
on Radio 1 this morning, and sounded like Salad if they'd forgotten the
loud bits in their standard quietbit-loudbit-quietbit formula.

Do you think I'd ever get a job in the music press with similes like that?

Rod.

[1] Yes, I know of the ovoid one.  And I still think it sucks a big
    donkey.

[2] Thanks for pointing out that NME tape, Keith.

               Rod Begbie @ http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/~ceerab/index.html |