Sinister: New club night in Edinburgh.

plaird plaird at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 21 16:46:54 GMT 1998

>>Anybody on the list planing to go to the opening night of  'North' on
>>Saturday?  It's at La Belle Angel in The Cowgate, Edinburgh.  Fiver to get
>>in, and Whiteout are playing.  According to my girlfriend the flyer lists
>>Belle & Sebastian as one of the bands they play.  Of course, she might just
>>be saying that to get me to go.  Anyway,  I might see some of you there.
>>
>>The Laird Of East Fountainbridge - I hope this doesn't leave The Egg half
>>empty!
>

>North, that puts me off given a rather dodgy Sunday night recently in
>Manchester that Paul, Julia, Stuart and Susannah will remember.
>
>Doubt it'll leave the Egg half empty especially if Whiteout are playing mind
>you!

Thanks Keith!

Just a word of warning if you're planning to go to this 'North' thingie:
Be aware it is just another 'FBI'/'Madchester' spin-off. It's run by the
same people (big Business), and probably has DJ 'Shine' Lee at the helm.
Despite having B&S on the flyer I suspect it'll be just another
'Day Tripper' affair ('FBI' ran that club as well).

Of course 'North' might be just your indie-kids cup of tea, or 'FBI' with
some musical taste. I'm not slagging it off just 'cos I run a club.

Strangely enough, the guy I run 'The Egg' with ran a club in Edinburgh
called 'North' for two years during the Madchester craze - so I told
him he should sue them.

Byeee!

The Laird of East Fountainbridge.

P.S. Dead clubs run by the FBI people: MI5, CIA, Fat Neck, Day Tripper,
Neighbouhood, Shaft, Big Fridays, Club Haka, E.R. ŠŠŠŠ and about a
half-dozen others. BEWARE!!! BOO TO THE BUSINESS WORLD.