Sinister: senseless drivel

Stein Vegusdal vegus at xxx.no
Thu Jan 22 09:49:48 GMT 1998

At 03:19 AM 1/22/98 PST, Brad wrote:
>hey.
>listen up. i gots a question to ask of, well, whoever knows the answer.
>a friend made me a tape of some stuff and there was these two songs on it
and when i asked him who it was he said he didn't know and that someone
taped it for him without telling him.
>it sounded english. and pop. mid 80's maybe.
>
>one of kept saying:
>"i know someone who knows someone who knows alan mcgee quite well"
>
>and the other was talking of how he had everything by a certain band "on
tape".

>who can enlighten me on who this is and if they're any good?

The songs on the tape are by welsh band The Pooh Sticks.
"I know someone who knows someone who knows Alan McGee
quite well" and "On Tape" are from a box set of singles
released in june 1988 on Fierce Records.
It was released as a one sided album (with some very
nice engravings on the B-side!) in august the same year.

Apparently the female members of the band had a huge
fascination for Stephen Pastel: on the cover of the
album it says "Dear Stephen Pastel, will you have sex
with me?".
And yes, they were quite good...

Stein