Sinister: Pooh Sticks (was: senseless drivel)

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Thu Jan 22 09:52:55 GMT 1998

Bradford wrote ...

>listen up. i gots a question to ask of, well, whoever knows the answer.
>a friend made me a tape of some stuff and there was these two songs on it
and when i asked him who it was he said he didn't know and that someone
taped it for him without telling him.
>it sounded english. and pop. mid 80's maybe.
>
>one of kept saying:
>"i know someone who knows someone who knows alan mcgee quite well"
>
>and the other was talking of how he had everything by a certain band "on tape".

Not a certain band, though.

>who can enlighten me on who this is and if they're any good?

Early Pooh Sticks, the preferable "live" versions of both tunes can be found
on the marvellous _Orgasm_ LP (UK/53rd & 3rd Records AGAMC 05/'89) or the
_Multiple Orgasm_ CD (UK/Fierce Fright 47 CD/'91) ... besides, the CD
features the songs from the cancelled _Multiple Orgasm_ 7" boxed set
recorded at the same time and unavailable elsewhere. Other recommended
purchases are the _Formula One Generation_ LP/CD and _The Great White
Wonder_ LP/CD.

"Foxy boy"

Andreas

The rain it raineth on the just