Sinister: Air, and Brad's question

Hopkins T t.hopkins at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 22 10:16:35 GMT 1998

Brad wrote:
	>it sounded english. and pop. mid 80's maybe.

	>one of kept saying:
	>"i know someone who knows someone who knows alan mcgee quite well"

	>and the other was talking of how he had everything by a certain
band "on tape".

	>who can enlighten me on who this is and if they're any good?

	That'll have been the Pooh Sticks, Brad, and no, they're shite. They
moved from being utterly ignored snivelling cutie court jesters (round about
87 time)  to learning how to play their instruments and becoming utterly
ignored. Ugh.

	Everyone in the world wrote:

	>The Air album's brilliant

	Yep, it must be manna from heaven to all those of you who still
mourn the passing into obscurity of Jean Michell Jarre, and who love their
music without any hint of emotional involvement, or funk.

	Hooray. Unremitting negativity abounds. I'm going to go to see the
Pastels tonight in Preston and I'm determined to have a shitty time. :-)

	Tootle pip

	Tim