Sinister: problems, siniestro

Arantxa Ubieta / Peter Miller oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Thu Jan 22 20:05:28 GMT 1998

I've just changed over to the Microsoft Internet mail program. Not my
choice. Problem is, all messages from Jeepster Recordings (Katrina, I
suppose) appear to be completely blank. Is it just me, or is something
wrong at Jeepster Corner? I am particularly distressed as one of them was
an answer to the message in Spanish...

Dear Alberto,

There are about three or four Spanish speakers on the list (or there were)
including someone form Barcelona, I think, and Carlos from Valencia. There
is also a Basque in Italy, called Iker, if I remember correctly. His mum is
from San Sebastian, which is near where I live, in the delightful town of
Renteria. You may have heard of it.
(That was a joke, sorry Paul, I'm doing quite well)
The concert in Barcelona was indeed "de puta madre" and "la hostia", "guay
de paraguay", "una autentica pasada, tio" and "casi una experiencia
religiosa"
(that was another joke)
You're better off asking someone better equipped than myself for a tape.
There are radio sessions and other exciting things out there that I haven't
got. Tag also speaks Spanish and is a good friend of Bigas Luna.
(damn!)

ahem...

(Si no entiendes todo este rollo que te estoy metiendo, mandame un mensaje
y lo intentaré poner en castellano. No tengo ni puta idea de Catalan, pero
aupa el Valencia. Y aupa el Alaves)

Football fans the world over will be amused to hear that Real Madrid got
knocked out of the cup last night by a second division team. Over two legs.
Good, eh?

The Nick Drake book is very nice so far. He was indeed a star of track, if
not field, particularly the hundred yard dash. And he played rugby and
hockey. Wonders will never cease.

Peter