Sinister: Re: Edinburgh Indie Clubs

95516123 95516123 at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 23 11:16:50 GMT 1998

>Just another word on the Edinburgh indie club scene :

>The only one worth going to is the Egg (And I wouldn't call it and indie club
>          as such - much more interesting than that). No I'm not
>          being payed by the Laird of East Fountainbridge.

Have to agree with you there.

          I spent a wonderful, if slightly drunken, night there last
          Saturday.

          Also plucked up the courage to say hello to the
          Laird after he responded to my written-down request to play
          'String Bean Jean'. Boy, did that make my night.

          He also aired LLPJ at the end.

          Now, I ask you. Where elae in Embra would you get that on a
          Saturday night?

          The Archdeacon of Pop

Here's my well educated opinion of the rest :

        - FBI : Used to be great when the DJ had a little originality.
        - Evol : Good once (played My Bloody Velentine - Whoo Hoo).
        - Day Tripper : Had promise and I did actually dance a bit.
        - Scooter : Had a good night here the DJ had a little flair (which
dwindled as the night grew long).
        - MI5 : Pish
        - Katch : Shit

This is the truth so there. Seek out other clubs e.g. Tribal Funktion (the top
floor plays brilliant Old Skool and Soul), Cafe Graffitti or Scratch.

Anyway to make this better for the rest of the listees I have a question on
clubs :

        Have Oasis ruined all the indie clubs we used to love ?

- Gordon (the edinburgh club guru from Aberdeen)