Sinister: Hot pumping disco action

Tag mctag at xxx.com
Fri Jan 23 12:37:50 GMT 1998

Allright squires,

I'm going to write a load of crap now (anyone writing 'so what's new?'
will be treated with the contempt they deserve), I can feel it in my
water.

Claire Timmins wrote:

>graff, not steffi.

That's a shame.  A bit of tennis would make me a lot happier.  After
all, Pavement wrote a song inspired by Goran Ivanisevic.  Nice to see
that insipid little shit Henman falling at the first fence, while
Rusedski reigns supreme.  I like Greg - he could've been the Canadian
number one, and chose British citizenship cos he loves his girlfriend,
the big soppy pussycat.  German Number 2 Anke Huber is the woman I
love.  AND Peter Miller is married to Arantxa Sanchez- Viccario.  At
least that's what I've been led to believe.

Paul 'Polanski' Mitchell wrote:

>B&S anyone?  Hands up everyone in Iceland who wants to hear about the
>Edinburgh club scene.

I'd like to hear about the Icelandic club scene.  And what's big in
Greenland?  In 'Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow', it mentions a place
called Disko Bay.  That's where Belle and Sebastian should record
their live quadruple album 'Ice and fire:  Belle and Sebastian Red and
Raw in Disko Bay'.  The laser show could be at least the equal of Jean
Michel Jarre's.  I'd love to see Chris playing that synthesiser JMJ
had where you just put in your hand across a beam of light to play a
note.

John wrote:

>I could continue with Hey! Cormorant (it's rather risky bellowing Hey!
>Mr.Shag in the East End) but it does seem rather impersonal....

It's not the 'proper' East End, it's Canary Wharf - stop trying to be
Reggie Kray.  I know all about your secret life, tossing stray
farthings to shoe shine boys in bistros, while screaming 'SELL ALL
DEUTSCHMARKS' into your mobile phone to your 'man' in the City.  It's
hardly The Blind Beggar now, is it?

Incidentally, did you know Honey, our glorious leader, is the
lost brother of those latterday day Kray Twins - Grant and Phil.

>salut (damn keyboard won't do accents)

slut, yourself

Keith wrote:

>    Indeed my flatmate used to have a cat called Mescherscmitt 109 (stop me
>if you think you've heard this one before), which he took to the vet and on
>filling in the form, put me109 down for the pet name (the usual
>abbreviation) and the vet comes out and goes, "Can I see melog please?"

I know someone who's got two cats called Drum and Bass.  They're going
to look bloody silly when one of them dies.

Dr C.B. Stride wrote:

>> 	Have Oasis ruined all the indie clubs we used to love ?
>
>Not my night OFFBEAT - its an Oasis-free zone......plug, plug...cut,paste.=

He's off again.

>> Offbeat .....
>> A  bit different from your average indie night ... on Friday 30th January
>>(1st birthday party with balloons

I'm going to be sick.

>and indiepop cake

The word is 'cack'.

Northy wrote:

And may the lord God make us truly thankful.

Pedro Miller wrote:

>The concert in Barcelona was indeed "de puta madre".
>Tag also speaks Spanish

Enough to know what 'de puta madre' means.  The only Spanish I can
remember is dirty.

>and is a good friend of Bigas Luna (damn!)

It's true. Javier Bardem's character in 'Jamon, Jamon' is based on me.

The Duke wrote:

>final word: from the mouth of mr murdoch (he might have been fibbing of course.
>never trust a boy frae Ayr),

No, you're right.  They sound like Jean-Michel Jarre and have no funk.

>the slogan was originally writ
>large outside gregs by the Yummy Fur boys, and he later repainted it
>somewhere else.  so it's the yummy fur you should be asking what it
>really means...

Well, I heard the same thing from someone who knows someone who knows
Stuart Murdoch quite well.  'Tigermilk' - I've got it on tape.
Hilarious.

And now my favourite letter of the day:

Brad wrote:

>thanks to all who responded about my pooh sticks question. now that i kno=
>w who did those songs, i've actually got a pooh sticks album that sounds =
>nothing like those two songs. it does, however, sound like shit.

Brad, that cheered me up.

Love
Tag xx