Sinister: Air...the Beach Boys?

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 23 13:45:05 GMT 1998

>I'm sort of admitting that the Air LP is not as great as Premiers Symptomes
>and is only ok. But, let me tell you now...'Remember', the second track on
>the b side sounds exactly (in drum terms) the same as 'Do it Again' by the
>Beach Boys!

Do you think it's not as good, I'd say it was certainly as good if not
better, still they're both ace anyway.

Also, maybe of interest, there's a DJ Shadow compilation of singles out at
the moment on Import called "Pre-emptive Strike" which is excellent - indeed
I've bought it and I've already got all of it, it's just cool to listen to
(almost) all the singles on the one CD, so highly recommended.

    Track listing:

    Influx
    Hindsight
    What does your Soul look like (1-4)
    High Noon
    Organ Donor (remix)
    Also with Camel Bobsled Race, which is the rather poor "Megamix" by
Q-Bert. Doesn't live up to the standard set by Technotronic regarding
megamixes.

    Quite why it doesn't have "Lost and Found" on it I don't know, but I
expect it's James Lavelle's Tory brain at work again which means he'll
release another compilation which will have it on it, and lots of innocent
people will buy it, making him a load of money. Still... let's face facts,
it beats buying shite records from principled people.

Cheers,
    Keith.