Sinister: Steward's enquiry

Nick Dastoor/BSHO/GB Nick_Dastoor/BSHO/GB%BSHO at notesgw.compuserve.com
Fri Jan 23 15:56:55 GMT 1998

Hmmm... Some abnormal voting patterns have come to my attention.  Remarkably,
"Expectations" and "I could be dreaming" have _rocketed_ up the chart in the
space of 24 hours to occupy slots 1 and 2, ousting long term resident "She's
Losing It" into fourth place.  I suppose it's possible that this is just
coincidence, but my suspicious nature is wondering whether the dark forces of
block voting from multiple e-mail accounts may have something to do with it.
This must be stopped! (Unless you're all voting for "Belle And Sebastian" and
"La Pastie de la Bourgeoisie", in which case I give it my full support.

It's interesting how SM's less parochial songs, the ones that don't tell you a
story about some girl and her adventures, or include lines about, say,
throwing discus for Liverpool and Widnes, tend to be less favoured.  Songs like
"The Boy Done Wrong Again", "You Made Me Forget My Dreams" or, in a different
way, "Electronic Renaissance".  I'm really suprised about TBDRA now being
bottom of the heap - sometines it's my favourite song on IFYS.  When the piano
goes d-d-da-da da-da (my musical training serves me well again) and I hear the
line "All I wanted was to sing the saddest song" my heart very nearly breaks
<sniff>.

A tearful Nick