Sinister: Steward's enquiry

Arantxa Ubieta / Peter Miller oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Fri Jan 23 19:31:35 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
De: Nick Dastoor/BSHO/GB <Nick_Dastoor/BSHO/GB%BSHO at notesgw.compuserve.com>
Para: sinister <sinister at majordomo.net>
Fecha: viernes 23 de enero de 1998 19:56
Asunto: Sinister: Steward's enquiry

>It's interesting how SM's less parochial songs, the ones that don't tell
you a
>story about some girl and her adventures, or include lines about, say,
>throwing discus for Liverpool and Widnes, tend to be less favoured.  Songs
like
>"The Boy Done Wrong Again", "You Made Me Forget My Dreams" or, in a
different
>way, "Electronic Renaissance".  I'm really suprised about TBDRA now being
>bottom of the heap - sometines it's my favourite song on IFYS.  When the
piano
>goes d-d-da-da da-da (my musical training serves me well again) and I hear
the
>line "All I wanted was to sing the saddest song" my heart very nearly
breaks
><sniff>.
>
>A tearful Nick

I agree with tearful Nick, it's definitely one of my favourite songs.
Keith, your description of Air has certainly cleared up any doubts I may
have had. That's the second time you've described something as being like
John Martyn crossed with something unlikely in recent weeks. I'll have to
have a listen to John Martyn sometime.
Lest we forget, bashful Amanda Bergman is always talking about her Spanish
homework, so I think she can be added to the list of people getting a big
hug from Elizabeth, like it or not.
I am now using Outlook Express. Good old Microsoft, the Mr Kipling of
information technology.
Mussadiq, our resident revolving wether cock, I need your address to send
you this tape I've finally got round to doing. I managed not to put any
Elton John on it.
I've been looking at the photos on Paul's webpage today. Somebody's been
cutting pictures out of magazines, haven't they?

Peter