Sinister: Back-handed compliments a-go-go

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Sat Jan 24 16:09:47 GMT 1998

Well I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but in this week's Melody
Maker there's an interview with the Lilys (the ones from the new Levi's
ad). And the singer says that the only new band he respects is Belle and
Sebastian, because the singer is nearly as bad as he is. I'm not entirely
sure how to take that one...

As for tactical voting on the web page, well that's always going to happen
when we've only got a choice of 0 to 10. If I happen to think that one
particular song (say towards the end of side 2 of Tigermilk?) sounds like
a Beautiful South B-side, and is the only lacklustre song B&S have
recorded, then I'm bound to give it 0 out of 10, to indicate that I don't
like it as much as the others. That's not to say that I don't like it more
than, say, the Sp*c* G*rls.

Oh, and cheer up Sarah, you're not the only one feeling miserable, at
least you're not (as far as I know!) on painkillers and various other
drugs at the moment 'cos of an operation last Monday :-( Can I have some
sympathy now please?

The Tall Git

PS Julia, cheers for the tape, it arrived this morning, I'll get back to
you soon.