Sinister: Mumbly Cd out on Marsh Marigold

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Mon Jan 26 15:55:33 GMT 1998

Michael Korchia wrote ...

>Well, this is an ad, which I think is not irrelevant on this list!

Well, this is blatant self-promotion, isn't it ? §;^D

>The 1st Mumbly album 'Being Ernest' is out on Marsh Marigold.
>We're a French indiepop band, but most songs are in English (10 in
>english, 4 in french, including a Serge Gainsbourg cover). There's a mix
>of male & female vocals.

Nice album, outstanding tracks are "Demain", "Les reflets", "The empty room"
and "Shame has spread its wings on me" ... an appropriate record to fill in
the time of desperation until the release of the new B&S album, now that
people already start falling for stuff like Air ...

>The sound and the music probably draw comparisons to Felt, the Feelies,
>the Field Mice.

... and Fantastic Something, but I've been told from reliable sources that
they have not even heard of this band. §;^D

>You can order it from me: 15 dollars, 8 pounds, 23 DM, 80 FF, etc....
>postage included.
>Or 20 dollars, 11 pounds, 30 DM, 110FF if you order it along with Watoo
>Watoo Cdep 'un Peu de Moi' (my other band).

Wow ... that's a "steal" ... how much is the Watoo Watoo CDs on its own ?

Delete button working overtime ? Once more ...

>Michael Korchia
>315, rue de Belleville
>75019 Paris
>France

Only wondering whether they'll be given the opportunity to support B&S in
the future ... the bass player, a disguised stand-up-comedian, is worth your
money alone.

"Funny ha ha"

Andreas

The rain it raineth on the just