Sinister: i don't want to start a fight, but...

KATHLEEN MARY ANDERSON 96a10193 at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 26 19:57:35 GMT 1998

> right. im pretty pissed off.

go listen to "beautiful" then

 although im a pretty new bas fan, i
> still absolutely adore "if your feeling...." and the eps.  i
> therefore have very little bad to say about this wonderful band.
> except this. WHY OH WHY OH WHY WONT THEY JUST GET UP OF THEIR
> ARSES, DO A TOUR, DO JOOLS HOLLAND ETC SO WE CAN ACTUALLY FIND
> OUT WHAT THE FUCK THEY LOOK LIKE??

because they're sitting in the playground eating sweets pinched from
woolies?

> before any die-hard fans plot to kill me for even daring to
> criticize their beloved band, surely its what everyone wants??
> the two recent gigs in manchester seemed destined to get bad
> reviews

ah, but do you think they were standing in a room playing making a
noise/ having some nice smiles at the time, or were they worrying
about what some bloke called cigarettes was going to go home and
write on his pc later that night?

and apparently they refused to do jools holland cause
> they were asked to do "stars of track and field". this seems
> totally ridiculous

oh woe, they probably still went and had a cup of hot milky tea with
him somewhere and explained that no they couldn't do this because
no-one could remember the chords. maybe. or perhaps they just didn't
want to; ah, there's a key idea, next time somebody asks me to run
across a motorway in the interests of science i'll remember that
if i don't want to, i don't have to! easy.

  i personally would love to see them live,
> but as i live in belfast, it seems inevitable they will deny me
> this pleasure. and it really gets on my nerves.

no,no, no! don't think that way! i always think that the band go to
places on account of having seen a picture in a book, or maybe
fancying driving on a certain road; i like to imagine chris sitting
with his chin in his hand saying: "i really should go and visit
auntie esther at her home in twickenham; can we have a show in
london, please?"

> if they have planned a tour, then great, but it seems to me
> there is no excuse for there actions in the past. why don't they
> do (proper) interviews??

convention is such a tedious world to live in though!

 why haven't we seen their faces on the
> tellie??

steady on, i hope you're not thinking of the national lottery...

 if they don't like the music press, fair enough, but
> surely they understand its not these people they are speaking
> to, but there fans??

why do you assume that they're in this "for the fans"? grateful they
may be that people in this world buy their records and it's nice
to give something back, show gratitude with a gig or the odd
appearance, but they're only going to do a larger  tour if they find
it enjoyable to sit in a bus (o kay, so we know some of them do...)
and sing for their supper and do some amount of press etc etc.
or if they want some money... who cares about money? ( a rhetorical
one, thanks)

  having this strange attitude may seem a
> quality to some

by "strange" do you mean just by not toeing the line, not doing the
album-single-10 date tour-  sort of thing that commonly goes on?
it's nice to different, don't you think?  they're not that into PR
really, are they? does that matter?  we can buy the records, we can
buy the t-shirts in a variety of sizes, we have a newsletter that
serves to inform us of the band's movements and is endearing in it's
very  modesty, on a few very special days of the year we may get the
treat of seeing the kids themselves on stage ... you want them to be
media queens?

 but at the end of the day i personally feel  i
> am missing out on something brilliant.

personally speaking, if this is the way that b&s want to operate, and
they keep bringing out records that are never off your turntable and
melodies that  sound as great when they kick in the morning after you
fell asleep to them, who is anyone to argue?

> does anyone agree, or am i talking complete bollix??
> either way, i suppose it could be said i should settle for the
> brilliant music, don't expect to much and shut to fuck up and
> listen....

ah, that's the idea; after all, it's only necessary to know that a
celebrity's favourite colour is green and their favourite food is
pasta when what they create falls below the mark...

kate