Sinister: Gloaming

Madame Cholet barzy at xxx.com
Wed Jan 28 05:38:46 GMT 1998

>Yet another shout of praise for B & S, this time from Mark Eitzel in
>the pages of Time Out New York (reviewing selected songs) :-
>TONY: 'Beautiful' by B & S
>
>"They're my favourite band right now. He's a great songwriter. I love
>his music. It's a beautiful song. I've listened to IYFS a million  times"

Yeah....Standing talking to Stuart M. at the Sunday NYC show last year,
Mark Eitzel crept up and inbetween us and grabbed Stuart's hand saying
something like "Lemme shake yer hand man...you're just a genius man...it
was fucking brilliant." then he cowered off into the night. Odd, but
brilliant little man that Eitzel. I said "oh wow! That was Mark Eitzel from
American Music Club" and Stuart was like "yeah?" and i'm saying...."I
SWEAR! It was!" I don't think he believed me tho...just thought it was some
akward pop kid. Ah well.

shared soppy Belle & Sebastian moments......

beth

p.s. I saw a guy who looked EXACTALLY like Stuart this morning  on  my way
to work....he was driving down Burbank Blvd in a big, black, 4x4...with a
confederate flag on the back.....that kind of ruined the
fantasy...especially when he spit out the window. Ah well...*sigh*

Message to you Rudy --- no email yet? I sent them all this am...about 7:15
am, standard California thyme. Ah well.