Sinister: stuff and nonsense. again

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Tue Jan 27 18:29:49 GMT 1998

adam the fool wrote:

> Does anyone know of any decent indie nights in bristol

no.  but we know of a darn fine club in exeter of a sunday night, except
no-one came this weekend except Adrian, and i felt stupid cos it was ten
times emptier than usual and made me look like a right sad git.  okay,
sadder than usual...  we're going to run the entire Twin Peaks series on
about five TV's with hopefully the soundtrack mixed in with lots of
interesting stuff.  Hmmm.  Will this get us punters?  i wonder if any of
B&S are David Lynch fans?  i wonder what their fave movies are...  don't
tell me; hal hartley features.  i know, i know...

> And i think we should have a heated debate about little smileys rather
>
> than the edinburgh clubs (bit far away you see...) ;o)
> (I like mine to have a lopsided nose.)

i'm a traditionalist :-)  in this, at least... cos i canne be bothered
thinking about new variations.  more to do with my time y'see.

> Oh yeah - valentines day soon - anyone else think this is the worst
> day
> of the year?

only if you accept it's existence.  it's easy to deny it you know... if
harder to actually ignore it.

> What else? Well why don't we pick a day sometime next month and then
> all
> phone Radio One's Most Wanted (freephone i think) and force Dave
> Pearce
> to play Expectations (or whatever) that would be cool.

because he'd probably have to mail this list and ask if someone could
make him a tape copy of Tigermilk.

playing the Microdisney peel sessions LP and thinking, um, this is
bloody marvelous, why don't you play it more often?  I bet Stuart
Murdoch liked Microdisney.

oh yeah, and Andy: nice one about shows and getting to them :-)

keep the faith,

the duke

--
Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/