Sinister: Mumbly Cd out on Marsh Marigold

Michael Korchia mkorchia at xxx.fr
Wed Jan 28 09:14:43 GMT 1998

Perfection As A Hipster wrote:

> Michael Korchia wrote ...
>
> >Well, this is an ad, which I think is not irrelevant on this list!
>
> Well, this is blatant self-promotion, isn't it ? §;^D

Of course. But as long as the band is good :)

> >The 1st Mumbly album 'Being Ernest' is out on Marsh Marigold.
> >We're a French indiepop band, but most songs are in English (10 in
> >english, 4 in french, including a Serge Gainsbourg cover). There's a mix
> >of male & female vocals.
>
> Nice album, outstanding tracks are "Demain", "Les reflets", "The empty room"
> and "Shame has spread its wings on me" ...

I should add that Pascale (my wife and singer in watoo watoo, whose mini
album is out) sings on 'demain'.

> an appropriate record to fill in the time of desperation until the release of the new B&S album, > now that people already start falling for stuff like Air ...

I fully agree.

> >The sound and the music probably draw comparisons to Felt, the Feelies,
> >the Field Mice.
>
> ... and Fantastic Something, but I've been told from reliable sources that
> they have not even heard of this band. §;^D

I fully agree.

> >You can order it from me: 15 dollars, 8 pounds, 23 DM, 80 FF, etc....
> >postage included. Or 20 dollars, 11 pounds, 30 DM, 110FF if you order it along with Watoo
> >Watoo Cdep 'un Peu de Moi' (my other band).

> Wow ... that's a "steal" ... how much is the Watoo Watoo CDs on its own ?

Well, it is 7 dollars, 10 dm, 40f, 4 pounds.
but for you, andreas, there may be a discount price...

> Only wondering whether they'll be given the opportunity to support B&S in
> the future ... the bass player, a disguised stand-up-comedian, is worth your
> money alone.

People will have to see to make their own opinion.

that's it!

Michael Korchia		mkorchia at club-internet.fr

Watoo Watoo Homepage	: http://www.mygale.org/05/watoo/
Mumbly Homepage		: http://www.mygale.org/00/aurore/emumbly.htm