Sinister: Disco Inferno

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 28 09:29:19 GMT 1998

>Its seems to me that most people on this list are either 'indiepoppers'
>with an immense knowledge of Field Mice and love loads of other bands in
>the B&S genre, or (like moi) are  rockypoppy rockers who like Manics and
>Suede and B&S have struck a very jangly chord with, but are very
>different to your usual tunes.....very sweeping statement there but
>amongst the majority of personnes sur cet liste it has seemed to bear

Deny this completely I'm afraid, I do like Suede mind you.  And I'm speaking
for a lot of people on the list too. Currently on my desk at work : DJ
Shadow, Pre-emptive strike. Pete Townshend Who Came First, Marvin Gaye,
What's Going On, Neil Young Everybody knows this is nowhere and 3 feet high
and rising by De La Soul.

Never understood the manics, can't understand how such a pants band who
essentially sound like Foreigner with pretentious 6th form lyrics made it so
big.

Keith.