Sinister: AGE GAME and other games.../HELP!

Nrbqlover Nrbqlover at xxx.com
Wed Jan 28 15:55:42 GMT 1998

In a message dated 98-01-28 09:05:08 EST, Lorraine sez:

<< Also, the discussion on where us B+S fans come from musically. Now,a
 good point was made that this can all lead to "I'm more eclectic than
 you are" pointscoring, but it must be said that some people come from
 outside either the 'indiepop' (i.e. Pastels (is it?)) or Manics/Suede
 rockypoppers rockers scene (like moi). >>

Most of my "indiepop" friends like B&S but there are plenty of others who love
the music as well. case in point: my brother-in-law is a thirty-something
investment banker in new york. his musical taste goes from bruce springsteen
to ella fitzgerald. not exactly a place to start but when he heard "tigermilk"
playing at our house he flipped. he has bought all their subsequent releases.

case two: my wife is a Hank Williams, Patsy Cline fan. She hates my "indiepop"
side but LOVES Belle & Sebastian.

this music has SERIOUS crossover potential and being signed to a major indie
here in the states can only help.

on a different matter: i have been trying without success to get two singles
by the band Comfort. I remember one of you lovely listees mentioning their
newest single. could you please e-mail me off-list to discuss a trade?

cheers,
clem lane
nrbqlover at aol.com

n.p. guided by voices-live in amsterdam