Sinister: I need a shady lane

ELIZABETH DAPLYN EDAPLYNR3N00297 at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 28 18:17:50 GMT 1998

	Halloo people.  I'm just sending a message before I piss off
homel.  I've got a crit on my current project tomorrow, in which my
tutors are going to hammer my glorious artwork.  Bastards!
	However, I am going to Paris next week.  Yipee!  Woohoo!
Assorted expressions of joy and exaltation.  So now I have to remember
some French in order not to look like a complete pranny when ordering
chips.  We do have a native guide in the lovely shape of my friend
Isabelle, who's on my Foundation course, so it shouldn't be too
crippling trying to get stuff done.  French touristy-type shop
attendants always have such an attitude though: y'know when you're
trying to remember how to say "un timbre pour Angleterre" and they reply
in really impatient-sounding snotty English, leaving you with no
semblance of dignity.  Ah well.

Hurrah!  I went to see Travis last Friday at the Astoria.  It was part
of the NME Br*t Shows, but let's not dwell on such unpleasantnesses.
Good grief, but the Hybirds are shite.  Ultrasound were really cool,
despite lovely choruses of "You fat bastard" from Cro-Magnon Man in all
his glory, and Travis were absolootly gorgeous.  I love Franny!  Also:
Wierd Occurrences: An Occasional Item:
	So, you get on a train, get to Charing Cross to meet your friend
from Royal Holloway Uni, you get the tube to Tottenham Court Road, you
go into the Astoria, and you listen to some bands.  You do not expect
several members of a band from where you live to be standing behind you
throughout.  They're The Wogans, a really good local band from Medway,
I've been to loads of their gigs (it's such a cack word, that) here, and
I was a mite disconcerted, to say le moins.
	Hey!  Genevieve!  You're making more sense than normal!  If you
carry on like this no-one will think you're as cute any longer.  Get
back to loopiness right away is my recommendation.

ByeBye
            au revoir,
                          Liz.
                         (edaplynr3n00297 at kiadroch.kiad.ac.uk)