Sinister: Belle & Sebastian spotted at 37,000 feet!!

aadam at xxx.com aadam at xxx.com
Wed Jan 28 17:56:04 GMT 1998

OR "why you should bring a tape recorder and the proper cables with you
on every flight"

Paul Dean wrote:

> Oh yes, tis true
>
> whilst flying back from the U.S on Virgin this monday I flicked through
> the entertainment guide to see what was on offer :
>  Modern Rock Song came on -
> it was quite different to the sessions - it sounds more produced (states
> the obvious) - the trumpets go on for longer - I think? & Stuart sings
> 'writing songs' instead on 'riding buses' - which i have heard is what
> he sings live - & which I don't like as much.

Once upon a time, and it was a long time ago, on a flight to England,
They had a little feature on The Farmer's Boys and "independent
records."
Thankfully (at the time, for now I don't care) I had my little recording
walkman with me. I still have the tape and it sounds terrible, but it
was nice to have an audio snippit of the journey.

Does anyone remember The Farmer's Boys? Duke?
Boy am I dating myself (and I must say, I'm a cheap date).

[obligitory Buddy Holly lyric]
 Aadam