Sinister: Matador

John M. Galvin jgalvin at xxx.edu
Wed Jan 28 18:07:26 GMT 1998

>The artists get autonomy on Matador, so no one will be butting in saying
>"ummm...could you make this a little more like third eye blind?"

i'm sure matador is better than most (or at least some)....but i don't
think the artists are entirely autonomous.  guided by voices, in
particular, has had problems getting matador to release the material they
want to release.  i don't recall having heard that the label has wanted
them to *change* their sound, per se--but it has definitely "canned"
(temporarily or permanently, in some cases) some material in the name of
not oversaturating the market.

John M. Galvin
Morgan Hall 333
Harvard Business School