Sinister: Belle & Sebastian spotted at 37,000 feet!!

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Wed Jan 28 19:25:42 GMT 1998

> Does anyone remember The Farmer's Boys? Duke?
> Boy am I dating myself (and I must say, I'm a cheap date).

join the club... u'm cheap and no-one takes me up on the offer.  now
that's sad :-(  um, Farmers Boys, yes indeed i remember 'em well.  fine
Norfolk lads they were, were they not?  i have the first single (i think
it's the first... 'i think i need help' on Waap! records.  'the farmer's
12 inches' it says.  And 'preserving the spirit of amateurism'.  Those
were the days...  I used to have a tape of a live show at Glasgow
Rooftops but i think the tape is either long since lost in the mists of
Troon or it self destructed.  The later i think, from over play back in
1983.  i also have their first LP on EMI, with the free 12" of
remixes... sounds, um, dated last time i listened, but there you go.

They played on Crackerjack once, doing 'Out in the Country...'

over and out.

the duke

--
Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/