Sinister: Edinburgh clubs

Rod Begbie rod at xxx.com
Thu Jan 29 17:26:36 GMT 1998

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998, Mr J J Sansom wrote:

>     Hi everyone,
>
>           I'm gonna be in Edinburgh at the weekend on a charity hitch from
> Coventry.So I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good alternative
> clubs I could visit on Friday or Saturday night

The Biscuitarse Club on a Friday night at The Garage (formerly The Nude
Painter) is very popular, plays a wide range of indie music (from Oasis to
Blur) and much loved by those on the list.

If you're after something a bit less hardcore, I'd recommend Spunk at The
Basement.  Cheap to get in, but it closes at 11:30pm and the drinks are a
fiver.

Apart from that, there really are no other clubs at all in Edinburgh.

Rod.
(did this guy *READ* the list last week?!?)

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |